Classical music arranged for the guitar
Click on the links below to download the sheet music.
Notation & tab
- This is the Waltz from Dmitri Shostakovich's Jazz Suite number 2.
- Faure's famous Pavane.
- Vaughan Williams's first publication, Linden Lea.
- Dido's Lament from the opera, Dido and Aeneas, by Henry Purcell.
- Edward Elgar's Salut d'amour.
- During the summer I heard Tarrega's Fantasia on Verdi's La Traviata. When I found the music I wasn't terribly surprised to find it is grade VIII standard. I have no idea what grade I am, but it most certainly isn't VIII. However, I downloaded the music just to have a look. The difficulty is down to his use of harmonics, & a few complicated chords. So I had a go at simplifying it. It isn't as spectacular as the original, but I'm enjoying playing it. I'm interested to see that a lot of it falls nicely under the hand around the 7th fret: I'm noticing that because the chords & scales are similar to the ones in my exercise routine.